Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Making your addictions work for you...

I tend to find things I love and become "addicted" to them.
Things that give me little rushes of JoY.

One of those things I ~LOVE~ is cothing.. I love love love clothing.
Another LoVe is thrifting. That love makes me SqEaL inside when I get the chance to hit up a thrift store.
And yet another LoVe is recycling! Turning the "waste" into useful items.. especially when there are kids involved.

I mish mashed those three loves together and came up with this...

A Girly Twirl dress.. this one is mde entirely of old shirts! This is one of my favorties because of the rainbow twirl <3

I also have a massive MINOR addiction to fabric.. and that allowed me to create these

                                     Loungers, made from a mix of old T-shirts and fabric scraps!



as well as these...

                                Hoodlums, adult sized t-shirts upcycled to make pint sized tee's


Fun, RiGhT!!!

All the names are in the process of being trademarked.. What a workout that is!

Anyways.. not only is it tremendous FUN  to go out and find all these shirts and upcycle them into one of a kind duds.. it's crazy rewarding too. 

I am in the process of creating a Custom DuDs order book, full of pictures of the shirts I have found that are just too cool to cut and make into just "anything". These shirts need specific owners and I cant wait to see what others want me to create with them!

Here is an example of a few of my favorites



Those should be FUN to make new!

As always, Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. MINOR addiction to fabric?! HA! I love that Girly Twirl dress,well... I love all your apparel!

    ReplyDelete