Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's been awile!

WoWza, has 7 months really slipped by with me neglecting to post.
My apologies ;)

2012 is already off to a start and I am feeling the need for change.
I suppose that comes with the season.
None the less, I am feeling the need for change.. even a little bored and un-challenged.

I decided the best way to go was in my work. My passion. What I usually thrive for was feeling grey and dull and that left me feeling very uneasy.
I wasn't feeling the drive to get in my creative element and make new.
Maybe it was the overwhelming desire to buy new fabrics. If you are a seamstress you can relate.
Fabric is yummy, there is no doubt about that.
So are donuts...
Too much can be a bad thing and I was feeling bogged down with it.
Guilty for buying so much new when my original plan was to recycle. Make new from the unwanted/ old. Bring things back.
My love for fabrics can still flourish there.
I can walk into any thrift store and look right past ugly, out dated clothes and see the fabric screaming to me "Help!"
I cant stop myself.
I run to it.
I want to turn it into somthing. Anything. Save it, in a silly way.

I wasn't far from my original plan, I justified it by recycling t-shirt.
That's good, but not what I want.
I mean sometimes. Sure. I love making thse fun little twirly dresses. I plan to offer a few custom spots in my store and even make and stock them for Etsy. You can count on that.
But I dont want to be drug down by them. I want to pick up some old drapes and make a killer handbag with reclaimed buttons on it and baubles from who knows where. Somhing nobody else makes. SOmthing One of a Kind.
For you, your home and your children.
I will let my creativity go and just make.
Paying special attention to every detail untill the item is exactly what my minds eye pictured.
Somthing I can promise you will like ;)

So please stick around!
I plan to activly Blog and share tutorials. Anther thing I wanted to do from the start and plan to stick to. Once a week is my goal and I am starting next week with a tutorial on how to do a reverse applique. Super simple and will DuDz up anything outdated in your closet.

1 comment:

  1. It is realy wonderful that you figured out what you need to do to increase creativity by what inspires you! Sometimes you need to shake things up a bit and see what turns up when the dust settles :) Wishing you all the best for this New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete